To be considered for treatment through ARCH, patients need to meet the following criteria:
- Be unable to afford private medical treatment.
- Have no private health insurance, and not be eligible for ACC treatment.
- Be a NZ Permanent Resident or a NZ Citizen.
- Has been referred to the public system and been declined treatment by the local DHB within the last 6 months. We need proof of this declination.
- Be referred by a health professional. We cannot accept self-referrals. A health professional (GP/optometrist/specialist) will need to sign a written declaration confirming that all of the above conditions are met and submit this with the referral letter and other documentation required: see referrals
Please note, not all conditions are suitable for treatment through ARCH, and we reserve the right to decline treatment at our discretion. However, we will endeavour to help those who have a genuine need.