If you have any questions that are not covered in this list, we would be happy to answer them. Please contact us.
To be considered for treatment through ARCH, patients need to meet the following criteria:
- Be unable to afford private medical treatment.
- Have no private health insurance, and not be eligible for ACC treatment.
- Be a NZ Permanent Resident or a NZ Citizen.
- Has been referred to the public system and been declined treatment by the local DHB within the last 6 months. We need proof of this declination.
- Be referred by a health professional. We cannot accept self-referrals. A health professional (GP/optometrist/specialist) will need to sign a written declaration confirming that all of the above conditions are met and submit this with the referral letter and other documentation required: see referrals
Please note, not all conditions are suitable for treatment through ARCH, and we reserve the right to decline treatment at our discretion. However, we will endeavour to help those who have a genuine need.
ARCH patients must first meet the criteria for the public health system: Eligibility for Publicly Funded Health Services.
In order to be considered for treatment under ARCH, an individual must have been declined treatment through the public system within the past six months.
Due to limits in funding, the public system cannot meet everyone’s medical needs. Unfortunately this means that there are people in NZ who, despite their medical condition, do not meet the threshold for treatment.
There are limited platforms in NZ for doctors to do charitable work. Many of us went into medicine to help people. Philanthropy has its own reward.
As a charitable trust the hospital is entirely dependent upon volunteers and donations for its survival.
We are always delighted to hear from anyone wishing to be involved. These include:
- Medical equipment suppliers
To volunteer your time or services to the Charity Hospital, please spend a little time filling out and submitting the form (it would be good idea to print out a copy for your records as well). We will be in touch.